Trích từ bài của binhtu viết lúc 00:18 ngày 04/01/2010:

Hi Dante_from_hell,

I''''m sure that noone agrees with what you''''ve accounting above. I found that you made many mistakes in your text. Not only mistakes from your English, but also from your thought.

You should never say such bad thing like: "it is waiting your time when listen to someone who is talkative but has lower level of English than you".

Dont be angry about my opinion, it just aim to help.

Dude, I agree that talking down someone who is in a beginner level is childish, but non-stop nonsense is a public crime. A club is a small-scaled society, which I believe whoever joins wants to experience more “Wow!” than “Yuck!”. A wake up call to those who clearly incapable of hearing themselves jabbering is always necessary for the sake of all.

gainhaque

Hi! This is really one kind of good reconciliation. You''''ve made those things clearer to Giúp those guys not misunderstand each other. Thanks for this contribution.

By the way, I wanna say to all of you who are joining, joined and will join that this club is not merely for chatting, making friends and playing. The root reason for its existence is to facilitate everyone to have an active environment to improve their English. So, feel free to come and learn from others. Don''''t be shy or angry when someone correct your mistake, just correct it yourself after that. For correctors, please be polite every time

We appreciate your participation

Love GALEC :x

Được chilily88 sửa chữa / chuyển vào 00:27 ngày 09/01/2010

nh0cken_kute

Chilily88, a good girl, what you wrote is what I meant. Anyone who wants to join this club should remove a general bad character that is GHEN ĂN TỨC Ở in your mind first, please.

I met few bullshit guys at offline and online places, very much looked down on them even though some of them used to live or are living in some developed countries but they still have their uncivilized acts in front of others.

Just think that "I should come to the club to improve my English" That''s it!

Được cantien sửa chữa / chuyển vào 13:39 ngày 09/01/2010

tung_peter

Hey cantien,

I have to tell you that: there''s no one "ghen ăn tức ở" in this club. There''s no bullshit guys in both online and offline activities too. This has been a very peaceful environment until you came and wrote some bad comments. Never think that it made you cool.

Change the way you talk and Stop putting negative comments around here.

Được ffnfspes10 sửa chữa / chuyển vào 16:27 ngày 09/01/2010

cool_girl2404

Trích từ bài của ffnfspes10 viết lúc 16:23 ngày 09/01/2010:

Hey cantien,

I have to tell you that: there''''s no one "ghen ăn tức ở" in this club. There''''s no bullshit guys in both online and offline activities too. This has been a very peaceful environment until you came and wrote some bad comments. Never think that it made you cool.

Change the way you talk and Stop putting negative comments around here.

Được ffnfspes10 sửa chữa / chuyển vào 16:27 ngày 09/01/2010

I agree that there was no such jealous guys in this club. And for sure there was bullshit guys either. Nobody''s perfect. I myself had sometimes, improper attitude then, and I really appreciated the supportive comments from Cantien. ( Thanks a ton, Can Tien)

And I also agree with Dante that we should pay more attention , or in other word, be careful with what we are going to say. perhaps your comment sounded a bit critical, but just see it as thing move us ahead.

Just think all need a real refresh, and then, be a little bit more tolerant, a little bit more friendly, to enjoy 1,5 hour at club

hale8085

Hi guys!

I have never been to our club although I knew it a long time ago. Just read your different comments and opinions, it is sad that there has been misunderstanding among some of our members. It is necessary that we should have a topic or an open talk about all confused problems (such as "ghen ăn tức ở" or bullshit guys...). Everyone volunteered to come here to share English, to make friends in a so exciting and comfortable mood. Therefore, no place for misunderstanding too long and even worse, this understanding is hidden, not to be spoken out. It is the weapon to kill our club and our friends that we are trying our best to build better and better day by day.

Hope to see u soon.

Được vickytiger sửa chữa / chuyển vào 21:37 ngày 09/01/2010

Petros

Some people misunderstand with each other. The more you comment about what Mr. CanTien say, the more you make it serious. When in fact the commom problem here is very small. We better to not continue talking about that. Then everything will be ok. And there is nothing can kill us. Thats all

See you later on!

Được john_cooper sửa chữa / chuyển vào 22:35 ngày 09/01/2010

meocat1986

Đây là chương trình hoạt động ngày 10-01-2010

1.Game: hot seat (10 minutes)

2. Team discusion skills tutorial (15 mins)

- Skills

- Languages

- Tips

3.Watching and discussing about a video clip (30 mins)

4. Role Play Tutorial -What is a role play?

-How to do it?

5. Role play: (15 minutes preparation and 20 minutes group performances)

-Choose one topic below. Your group’s task is to make up a story based on the chosen topic. Then some actors and actresses in your group have to stand up and perform that play.

Topics:

-One man love two girls

-An old couple, their daughter, and a police

-Romeo, Juliette and their family

-A devil, a boy and a police.

There seems to be great to improve our English Communication skills that day. Join in and enjoy

Dịch sang Tiếng Anh các câu sau đây:

Câu 1:

Ba phù thủy nhìn ba chiếc đồng hồ "Swatch". Phù thủy nào nhìn chiếc đồng hồ "Swatch" nào?

- Đáp án:

Three witches watch three swatch watches. Which witch watches which swatch watch?

Câu 2:

Ba phù thủy nhìn ba nút vặn trên đồng hồ "Swatch". Phù thủy nào nhìn nút vặn nào trên đồng hồ "Swatch"?

- Đáp án:

Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watches which Swatch watch switch?

Câu 3:

đọc thuộc lòng 2 câu trên

- Đáp án:

Source: http://www.vnexpress.net/GL/Xa-hoi/2009/08/3BA129BA/

Mốt dùng tiếng Anh theo nghĩa Việt của teen

No table. Sugar i i go, sugar you you go. I wanna toilet kiss you... Đây không phải tiếng Anh "bồi" của các bạn tài xe ôm hay xích lô mà là từ lóng được giới teen hiện nay thích dùng.

> Ngôn ngữ thời (gian) @ của teen

Trên các diễn dàn của giới teen, bên cạnh những câu tiếng Việt có pha Anh, không khó để tìm thấy những câu được "biến hóa" như thế này. Đó có thể là những câu rất đời thường như: No four go (Vô tư đi), Know die now (Biết chết liền), Ugly tiger (Xấu hổ), Like is afternoon (Thích thì chiều), Sugar sugar a hero man (Đường đường một đấng anh hùng)…

Nhiều khi đến một hãng bột ngọt cũng được các teen liệt kê vào các câu tiếng Anh có một không hai của mình. Một câu điển hình là “Sugar sugar ajinomoto ajinomoto”, được các “phiên dịch viên” teen dịch là Đường đường chính chính…

Chuyện tình cảm của teen với ngôn ngữ này cũng đi kèm với… toilet như: I wanna toilet kiss you! (Anh muốn cầu hôn em).

Được john_cooper sửa chữa / chuyển vào 20:26 ngày 12/01/2010

lantrank_vn

Phương pháp học ngoại ngữ của Bác Hồ23.12.2009 15:44

Ngoài các ngoại ngữ phổ biến như Pháp, Anh, Trung Quốc, Ý, Đức, Nga, Hồ chủ tịch còn có thể sử dụng thông thạo khá nhiều ngoại ngữ khác nữa như: tiếng Xiêm (Thái Lan bây giờ), tiếng Tây Ban Nha, tiếng Ả Rập, tiếng của rất nhiều dân tộc thiểu số Việt Nam… Vốn ngoại ngữ đó của Bác không phải do "thiên bẩm" mà có, tất cả đều xuất phát từ sự khổ công luyện tập...

Chi tiết xem tại source này: http://www.ehow.vn/home/modules.php?name=News&op=viewst&sid=2811

love_rinny016

Simple format of a debate

Group 1: Introduce your group and your thesis statement (thesis statement is what you are going to debate)

-------------------------Group 2: Introduce your group and your thesis statement

Group 1: Supporting argument 1

-------------------------Group 2: Rebuttal and supporting argument 2

Group 1: Rebuttal and supporting argument 3

-------------------------Group 2: Rebuttal and supporting argument 4

Group 1: Rebuttal and supporting argument 5

-------------------------Group 2: Rebuttal and supporting argument 6

Group 1: Rebuttal and sum up main ideas of your group with conclusion

-------------------------Group 2: Rebuttal and sum up main ideas of your group with conclusion

Được john_cooper sửa chữa / chuyển vào 12:17 ngày 13/01/2010

Đây là chương trình hoạt động ngày 17/10/2010

1. Body language game: -> focus on warming up, improving our confidence and nonverbal language skills

- Watching a video clip

- Practicing fun body language

2. Debate -> Focus on improving speaking, criticle thinking, criticle responding skills and expand your knowledge

Topic for debates:

•Is developing economy more important than protecting environment

•Should the government tax obesity ?

•Industrialization causes many negative effects rather than positive effects

3. GALEC got talent 2010 -> focus on improving speaking skills

- Round 1:

- Round 2:

Được john_cooper sửa chữa / chuyển vào 12:18 ngày 13/01/2010

Trích từ bài của John_Cooper viết lúc 12:08 ngày 13/01/2010:

Đây là chương trình hoạt động ngày 17/10/2010

1. Body language game: -> focus on warming up, improving our confidence and nonverbal language skills

- Watching a video clip

- Practicing fun body language

2. Debate -> Focus on improving speaking, criticle thinking, criticle responding skills and expand your knowledge

Topic for debates:

•Is developing economy more important than protecting environment

•Should the government tax obesity ?

•Industrialization causes many negative effects rather than positive effects

3. GALEC got talent 2010 -> focus on improving speaking skills

- Round 1:

- Round 2:

Được john_cooper sửa chữa / chuyển vào 12:18 ngày 13/01/2010

Critical thinking, critical responding chứ hem phải criticle bác ơi !!! Dạo này đầu óc tập trung ôn thi nên nhầm nhọt chút à !!!! Tiện thể, chúc bác thi tốt nhé !!!

Emory

And a new information for all of you here: we will have one more new leader for online speaking activity . That''''''''s is Ms.Sunflower. You can contact or add her nickname as :

"hienhoa021188" - Yahoo

or

"sunflower_244" - Skype.

I am sure that you will find something much more interesting with her lead. And here is the topic for this Sunday evening:

Listen to what I don''''''''t say

Don''''''''t be fooled by me. Don''''''''t be fooled by the face I wear. For I wear a mask, I wear a thousand masks, masks that I am afraid to take off, and none of them are me.

I give you the impression that I am secure, that confidence is my name and coolness is my game, that the water''''''''s calm and I''''''''m in command, and that I need no one. But don''''''''t believe me. Please.

My surface may seem smooth... beneath I dwell in confusion, in fear, in loneliness, but I hide this. I panic at the thought of my weakness and fear of being exposed. That;s why I frantically create a mood to hide behind, a nonchalant sophisticated facade to shield me from the glance that knows. But such a glance is my salvation. And I know it.

It''''''''s the only thing that can assure me of acceptance and love. I''''''''m afraid that you''''''''ll think less of me, that you''''''''ll laugh. To laugh would kill me.

So, I play my game, with a facade of assurance without - and a trembling child within. And so my life becomes a front. I only chatter to you in the suave surface tones... I tell you everything that''''''''s nothing, and nothing of what''''''''s everything, of what''''''''s srying within me. For when I go into my routine do not be fooled by what I''''''''m saying. Please listen carefully to what I''''''''m not saying.

I dislike the superficial, phony game I''''''''m playing. I''''''''d like to be genuine and spontaneous, and me. You;ve got to hold out your hand even when it seems to be the last ting I seem to want or need. Only you can call me into aliveness. Each time you''''''''re kind and gentle and encouraging, each time you try to understand because you really care, my heart begins to grow wings, very feeble wings.

I want you to know how important you are to me, how you can be tha creator of the person that is me, if you choose to. But it will not be easy for you. A long conviction of worthlessness builds strong walls.

The nearer you approach me the blinder I strike back. It is irrational, but despite what the books say about man, I am irrational. I fight the everything I cry out for. Bit I am tole that love is stronger than walls, and therein lies my hope. Please try to beat down those walls, but with gentle hands - for a child is very sensitive.

Who I am, you may wonder? I am someone you know very well. I am every man and woman you meet.

Source: eseonline.net (sorry, I lost the direct link to this post)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some questions to ponder:

1. What do you think after reading the above essay? Do you think it is hard trying to be a person you are not? What are the possible reasons for doing so? What can be the consequences of that pretension?

2. Have you ever been misunderstood by someone? Please share your stories.

3. Do you think it is odd being like no one else? what can we do to be ourselves while not offending others? ( for example: being a bachelor, having no kid, being a spy, befriending with some exotic animals, to name a few)

4. What should we do to get to know a perfect stranger, especially his or her true color? Please share your experience about your "paltalk-friend-making process"

5. In this virtual world, do you think it is easy for a netter (internet user) to mislead about himself or herself?

If you have any suggestion, feel free to post them here. Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we finish this topic early, we can save some time for TOEFL speaking section :)

Composed by : Ms.Sunflower

See you guys this Sunday evening!

Được godandghost sửa chữa / chuyển vào 13:36 ngày 15/01/2010

Mathieu

Sorry mod, em chưa đăng nhập nên cái biểu tượng trích dẫn em lại tưởng là cái biểu tượng sửa bài! thành ra là post thành mấy bài liên! (o có ý spam đâu mod nhé)

Thank!

Được godandghost sửa chữa / chuyển vào 13:38 ngày 15/01/2010

Các chủ đề có liên quan khác